20-Year-Old Brit Student with Stomach Pain Goes to bathroom, Ends up Giving Birth

20-Year-Old Brit Student with Stomach Pain Goes to bathroom, Ends up Giving Birth

A 20-year-old British student recently received the shock of her life after she went to the bathroom due to stomach pain and ended up giving birth to a newborn. The woman in question was identified as Jess Davis, who was actually preparing for a house party when the incident happened. Davis somehow got more than what she bargained for after she went to the bathroom, thinking she was having pain due to period. Even during the ordeal of pushing and welcoming her newborn, she thought she was dreaming. “When he was born it was the biggest shock of my life – I thought I was dreaming at first,” she said.”

“At no point did I think I was giving birth – I just knew I needed to push,” she explained. “At one point I felt tearing, but I didn’t know what it was”, she said, as quoted in a The Independent report.

Startled and shocked, Davis decided to call her best friend Liv King. Her best friend initially thought that Davis was looking for excuse to not go on with an upcoming night out. However, when Davis sent her a picture of her newborn son, Liv asked Davis to get herself on the ambulance.

Newborn ‘Freddie’ & new mum are both recovering well despite the fact that Freddie was born at 35 weeks of gestation.

The Facts of the Matter

Giving birth holds a different meaning to different women across the world. It’s essentially as unique as one’s fingerprint. While some women go to lengths planning the birth of their child, others decide to let nature take its course for their own reasons. Recently we reported about a woman who gave birth to her child in Pacific Ocean without any help of medics.

On the other side of spectrum is 20-year-old university student from Britain who reportedly went to bathroom due to pain, and ended up giving birth to her first son. The woman in question was identified as Jess Davis.


Also Read: Texas Massacre: 46 Dead Bodies of Migrants Found in Abandoned Truck, 16 Hospitalized


Jess was Scheduled for a Night Out

Jess, who turned 20 recently, was scheduled to go to a night out with her friends a night before her birthday. However, due to her increasingly intense abdominal pains, she decided to go to the loo. Thinking that she was on her periods, an incredulous Jess couldn’t believe when she found out that she became a mother. So much so that the whole ordeal seemed like a dream to her,

“My periods have always been irregular, so I didn’t really notice. I sometimes felt nausea, but I had started taking a new prescription so I just put it down to my new medication,” she told The Independent.


Also Read: Padma Bhushan Pallonji Mistry, Chairman of Shapoorji Pallonji group, Passes Away At 93


“Thought I was dreaming first..”

“When he was born it was the biggest shock of my life – I thought I was dreaming at first. I didn’t realise what had happened until I heard him cry,” Jess said, adding that her newborn is the most “chilled out baby ever”.

Earlier this month, Jess found herself to be experiencing severe pain, and simply assumed that it was the beginning of her period. She was also scheduled to go to a house party for her birthday, and hence decided to prep for the same.

Instincts Take Over Brit Student

However, the pain intensified, and she instinctively rushed to the toilet and started pushing. “At no point did I think I was giving birth – I just knew I needed to push. At one point I felt tearing, but I didn’t know what it was,” she was quoted in the Independent report.


Also Read: Ben Affleck’s 10-Year-Old Son Crashes Lamborghini worth Rs 3 Crores into a BMW


New Mum Reaches Out to Bestie, Mum-Newborn Doing Well

After she welcomed her newborn, she was unsure and decided to call her best friend. Her best friend initially thought that this was Jess’ way of not coming to the house party. However, when Jess sent her picture of her newborn, her friend asked her to call an ambulance.

For now, Jess and her newborn Freddie are recuperating well.

 

Follow Us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Flipboard | Google News

 

The post 20-Year-Old Brit Student with Stomach Pain Goes to bathroom, Ends up Giving Birth first appeared on Shiksha.

source https://shikshanews.com/20-year-old-brit-student-with-stomach-pain-goes-to-bathroom-ends-up-giving-birth/

Comments